Baby Epp

Thursday, January 04, 2007

prenatal aquacise

At my request, my parents got me a civic centre pass for my christmas gift. Tonight, i went to my first prenatal aquacise class.

It was a good class, good instructor, and i met a few more people who will be bringing babies into this world in the next bit. One girl, Jen, works at the U, i've seen her around there before, she's due in April. And another (I didn't get her name) is due June 9....she and I were the "earliest on" pregos there....one woman is due in 5 weeks!

It was the first class for about 8 of us, and also the first baby for most of those same 8, so it was neat to see the potential for some friendships to develop over the next few months if we all continue to attend.

Due to my schedule, i can only get to the thursday night classes, but there are some aquacise 1 classes at lakewood (the centre closest to my house) that i will probably attend on other days - I have been to them before and they are about the same intensity as tonight's class was.

However, i don't think they'll have the "suntan-superman" move at the non-prenatal class, and let me tell you, that move feels GOOOOOOOOOOOD. With a pool noodle around your back and under your armpits (ends held in each hand), you first stretch flat out on the water on your back, then you curl your knees in until you are in a tuck position, then you roll forward and stretch out your legs until you are doing the typical superman-flying pose....

And yeah, i still LOVE the smell of chlorine and swimming pools these days, so it's a double treat to go. But man, are my abs ever sore now! "Keep those abs tight, ladies! Even though there's a baby in there, you still have abs!" (to quote the instructor).

Definitely will be going again. If anyone is interested in coming with me to either the thurs nite prenatal classes (you can come even if you're not prego), or the aquacise 1 class, let me know!

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

That is hilarious, but not in a funny way. Jenn and I went to that class when I was pregnant, and now that she is pregnant again, we are going again, starting on Monday (NO, I am NOT pregnant, but she went with me when she wasn't pregnant, so I'm doing the same for her). And also, Krista Friesen and possibly Chris Unger will be joining us! So there will be a few familiar faces...

11:44 PM  
Blogger Daryl said...

Congratulations!! I am super excited for you!! Wow there sure will be a lot of you in that class. Lynette I actually remember doing the suntan-superman in that class.... it just gets a whole lot more difficult when you have a big belly that acts as your personal floatation device!! Makes it a little more difficult!

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home