Baby Epp

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

my favorite things

At various points in my pregnancy, various friends recommended ideas/products to me, and some of them have become very dear to my heart in these first few weeks of mommyhood (which is still going well, by the way...the lack of posts has been due to us being out and about most days, shopping, coffee-ing, etc...not sitting at home on the computer).

First off has to be the best, most inexpensive stain treater ever - Sunlight bar soap. My best friend Lynne told me about it, and it's great. Poop stain on a white onesie? Just rinse, and rub the bar over the area, then throw in the laundry for whenever it gets washed. It comes out white, no hint of the stain. Same with spitup, etc. And the best thing is that it's about $2 for 2 bars, which will last a VERY long time.

The "boppy pillow" (as Shelen calls it) is great for breastfeeding, i'm a bit lost without it when i'm feeding away from home, even though i usually grab other pillows or use my ginormous purse (why carry a diaper bag until i absolutely need it for snacks, toys, etc...).

The slings mom made me are good (mayan style with the two big rings), but i find Danica's still a bit little for them, her head gets all scrunched up. But the loop style with the curve for the butt is just wonderful right now, great for going out into the garden for a bit and keeping her near but not in reach of the dog (who is doing really well with the new addition to the family, btw). Becky, thanks for being an inspiration for "babywearing".

We ended up buying a stroller - it's a Graco Mosaic - it holds the carseat but still folds down small enough for our liking, and is tough enough for gravel, grass, etc. It steers with one hand and is very light and easy to fold/unfold one handed.

And of course, i'm all about muffins. They make the perfect snack during those late night (early morning?) feed times, i can munch one handed while Danica gets her fill too. Thanks to everyone who has offered to bring some by, and those who already have. Definitely something I will be bringing to any new moms I visit in the future.

Oh, one last one i just remembered - the Bravado washable breast pads. Work like a charm, are very comfortable, and don't stick like the disposables i've used do. I may not be into cloth diapers, but i am game to wash breast pads every couple days. Thanks Stacey!

2 Comments:

Blogger becky said...

Hi Lynette! I just got a new babywearing item -- a mei tai. It's sorta like a fabric backpack. Now that Emma is so big (~20 pounds!), it'll be great for long walks. Your little one is still a little too small for it, but when she's older, you may want to try one out. I'll post pictures on my site sometime soon.

By the way, yay for muffins! I'm still on the on-call list, for whenever you're up for some company.

Until then, take care!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Shel said...

YAY! I'm so glad things are going well for you!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home