Baby Epp

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

the realization that changed my life:

there's such a thing as size 2 diapers.

We have been using the Kirkland brand diapers, and their first stage is size 1-2. As of late, girlie has been blowing those out every time she poos, creating quite a mess to clean up. So we bought the next size up, which would be size 3, right?

Well, size 3 were super HUGE on her, and we had the same blowout problems, AND the pee would often leak out too. Not fun. So yesterday I went to London Drugs to buy more size 1-2's, as my mom (and her costco card) are out of town right now. And what do you know, right there on the shelf they had size 2's... not 1-2 combined, but its very own size, and the weight range was right where she's at right now! I was very excited, and they seem to be holding their own so far... bigger than the 1-2's, but smaller than the 3's. (obviously)

So now here's the question, which non-huggies/pampers brand would you recommend we try? I'm not about to pay $20 for every pack of size 2's we use for the next couple months, and the Costco brand we like to use is not an option at this stage. So, dear readers...what should it be? Superstore? Walmart (i think they have a couple generic brands, right?)? Zellers?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I highly recommend using the Pampers Swaddlers until size 2. Then I found Teddy's Choice from Superstore worked great from size 3-6.

If you are cursing the $20/pack of Pampers, just think of the stain remover, elbow grease, time, wipes, and laundry you'll save by not buying the generic brand. Plus, you'll go through less diapers because they are more absorbent. It's just a little longer 'til size 3. Hang in there!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Shel said...

We LOVE the "parent's choice" brand at walmart (with garfield on them) They work VERY well for both our children and the price is very much right!

Huggies leaked all the time for us, and pampers gave Ian a weird rash from the darned mesh lining. Welcome to the world of a million choices!

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Jessica. I heart Pampers Swaddlers and they only go to size 2 so no chance of continuing to spend the extra money on them after that. Then I went to Teddy's Choice as well. They are reasonably priced and I always found they worked great.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Yup, I am a Pampers Swaddlers devotee - I wish they went to a bigger size!! I actually think I got Jessica hooked on them, by giving her a pack when Annika was born...:) Little did I know how great they were at that point, since I didn't have a baby! And for us, we have always been brand names for diapers. Other parents have found no-names they like; we have not had that luck. Maybe it is time to try again, since it's been awhile, and Jared's poops are solid. But up until now, we have loved our brand names. However, the Kirkland wipes are the best!

10:06 PM  
Blogger stacey said...

Teddy's Choice works great for us and is good on the budget when we're not in cloth. No problems with them so far.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Dawn Grunau said...

Must admit, I was a Pamper's
Swaddlers until size 2 as well. They worked awesome, and they never leaked for me (well for Libby... you know what I mean) :)

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home