Baby Epp

Monday, June 23, 2008

yup, predicted that one...

so two days after that last post, on Wednesday, Danica took her first steps. 10 days before her 1st birthday.

We were at my parent's place, picking up the utility trailer to use on the weekend to haul some junk away, and Tony and my dad were outside hitching it up. Mom and I were in the kitchen, I was sitting on the floor and Danica was walking around holding onto the cupboards. She had made it nearly to where the stove was, when she turned around and stood without holding anything, and gave me a big smile. I thought to myself, "Man, she's really stable at standing for longer periods of time now!" and before I could even finish the though, she took about 4 or 5 steps straight towards me across the kitchen! It sure surprised me, but I was sooo excited. She looked very happy and proud of herself, until I started shrieking for Tony to come quick, which scared her and she ended up crying, lol.

She's done a few more steps on her own every day since then, and I'm sure it won't be long until all hesitation and insecurity over her new skill is gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home