Baby Epp

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

daddy

Anthony has been marvellous so far...i realized that i haven't mentioned him very much on here yet, so here's a couple stories involving him.

When i peed on the stick and the blue + showed up pretty much immediately, he was so excited and had a huge grin on his face, and he tried to give me a nice hug n kiss, but i felt so ick at the time i kinda just pushed him away and went back to bed....poor guy! He's been able to give me lots since then, though.

He got us a truly sweet gift a few days after the news....i came home from work feeling quite tired and so he brought me a snack on the couch and let me rest for a while, then he took me to the room, where our gift was sitting on the bed. It was a beautiful blue throw blanket with a christmas print on it, he says it's to keep the two of us (me n baby) warm during the winter. And he bought a book of baby names too, for us to go through. And he wrote a beautiful card to me. I've used the blanket a lot, as i seem to be colder than normal ... probably just the changing seasons. But i keep asking "when's the 'pregnant ladies are warmer than usual' going to kick in?"

And he gets this silly grin and sparkle in his eyes every time i say something like "we need a hug" or "aren't you going to tuck us in?". And every so often, he'll say "I'm going to be a daddy!" with this tone of awe and amazement.

I am so fortunate to be married to such a wonderful man, and to be bearing his child....his son, if what he (and I) think is correct....he says that's why he got a blue blanket. He has been truly wonderful to me and bubs so far (except when he steals my leftovers for his lunch... Grrrr!!). He's been helping around home more than he usually does, which is a HUGE relief given my complete lack of energy. I love you Anthony!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home