Baby Epp

Monday, February 05, 2007

growth spurt

This past week has been interesting. I have been insanely hungry all the time, and simply could not get full on the normal amount of food that i'm used to consuming.

I would pack my normal sized lunch (which includes numerous snacks to eat throughout the day), and i would be through all the food by early afternoon and still be ravenously looking for something else to consume.

But i can tell where all the extra nutrients have gone - boy, did my belly ever pop out last week! I was talking with Leon one night, and in the middle of my sentence, he looked at me and said "You just exploded again....you're getting big! No! Not like that, your belly!"...then a few days later, i ran into one of his friends, who said to me "Wow, Leon was right! Your belly is growing a LOT!" (nothing like 17 year old boys checking out your body, eh?)

I also had a pretty achey week - my hips, legs, and lower back were generally funny feeling at best, and downright stiff and sore at worst. I brought my body pillow into the bed on a more permanent basis, and that seems to be helping. And of course, more nausea and a bit of puking (now THAT was a bit surprising, as i've been feeling 99% well for the past 3 or 4 weeks, now it's back - i suspect ALL of these symptoms have to do with the extra girth i now have :)

Oh, and i now only have 2 pairs of my non-maternity pants that still fit at the waist - these two, of course, are the ones that were quite large on me pre-baby. So i had to take a trip to the maternity store on Saturday, and was able to find a really comfy pair of cords on sale. Mat clothes can be SOOOO expensive, i try not to buy things regular price unless i'm in love wiht the item. So far, i'm doing quite well....i have 2 pairs of jeans, 1 pair of khakis, one pair of cargos and now the cords, and the most i've paid for any given pair was $30. So for now, that's almost enough to get me through work (i rarely wear jeans to work), and i'll just pick up more items as i need them. Still good on the shirt front, have been picking up a couple here and there when i find them on sale...and with the mainstream style of longer shirts these days, i am finding lots of non-mat shirts that will work at least for the next while, until the next growth spurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home