Baby Epp

Thursday, May 10, 2007

all is still well

I honestly can't complain about anything major in this pregnancy. Yes, i have the aches and pains and stiffness some days, and other days are awful in trying to get comfortable to work, visit, or sleep. But overall, i have had no major discomforts or anything since those first days of fatigue and nausea and heartburn (which seem like a very distant memory). Even now, heartburn is only slight, and only on the occasional day.

I did, however, notice my very first baby-related stretch mark this morning on my tummy. Oh well, i figured i'd get them at some point and was pretty surprised that it took this long for them to show up. But i still really like my belly - i am actually excited for it to get even bigger. Some days I look at it and think "there can't be a 4 pound baby in there, it's not big enough!"

I have to say that swimming has really helped in the aches/pains/general discomfort area. I really notice it when i miss a swimming class - i am way more sore and uncomfortable for those days until i can get back to the pool. It is just so good to stretch everything out so well and to move around in the water, as well as the quick soaks in the hot tub after the class is done (it's quite funny to see 10-15 pregnant ladies head straight to the hot tub after class is over, given that society in general thinks that pregnant ladies are NEVER supposed to go in a hot tub). Last week I extended my leisure card for two more months, so now it expires on July 11, by which time i should most definitely have this baby (that would be 11 days overdue, and the standard in s'toon is to only let you go 10 days overdue). I am looking forward to being able to just go be in the water and even just float (instead of aquacising) as the more cumbersome days come along.

With 7 1/2 (ish) weeks left, i sure hope that i can say that i have no complaints when I get to the end. I know there will be more cause for discomfort as the day grows closer, but at this point i think i should be mostly fine. And the free massages at McKay school help too, i have my second one booked for after the long weekend, which leaves me one more to enjoy in June.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Yay for free massages!

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home