Baby Epp

Monday, April 23, 2007

weekend adventures

On saturday, my mom and I went to the SPOTTO consignment sale around noon, there was nothing there. Last week’s sale was so much better. So we didn’t get anything there. But then we went to fabricland, I got material for 5 maternity shirts – spring/summerish shirts with either short sleeves or tank style. I hope they turn out well, they have so much potential and are so fun!!! I was planning to try to make them, but mom said “it will take you a long time and you’re working and I have time this week so I’ll just do them up for you….” Awwww. I’m not gonna say “no” to that offer!

So then, we were looking for some material for crib sheets, and we ended up finding those pre printed crib quilt panels – mom was thinking of making me a crib quilt but has never done the piece quilting before and wasn’t sure that’s what she wanted to get into, but the ones we saw were SOOOOOOO cute, there were two that had yellow and turquoise in them (the colors we'd like to do in the room), and they were just super cute, with cartoonish animals on them, very funky not babyish stuff. So we got both, they were $5 each, MUCH cheaper than the $150- $300 you pay for a crib bedding set in store (and i've never seen one of those that i like anyways). I was very very excited, because i didn't have a ‘theme’ or anything for the nursery, but I obviously needed bedding, and wanted something fun but not babyish. And the only thing I really thought about was how cute animal prints were, and how that was probably as close to a “theme” as we’d get. We found some really cute sheeting material to go with those quilts, one was part of the same line and just had the random animals from the crib quilt on it with a turqouise background, then we got a solid yellow and a very cute striped turquoise and green. I’m very very very excited about all that.

So THEN, we went downtown to browse around a bit, and at sears, I found Mr. Lion. He is the cutest bright yellow stuffed lion with turquoise on his toes…and he looks exactly like the lion on each of the quilt thingies! So I just HAD to buy him, I am SOOOOOO excited about Mr. Lion. This is the first thing i've bought for this kid that i saw and didn't care how much it cost, i had already made up my mind that it was coming home with me (good thing it was a pretty reasonable price). Here is a pic of Mr. Lion that i found online:



So I guess we have kindof stumbled onto an official baby room “theme” now, I’m glad it’s not babyish and can work for either sex and isn’t pale green or yellow and icky. And I’m glad the kid can still enjoy it when s/he is 1 or 2…

Funny thing, I was telling my coworker about Mr. Lion this morning, and she was at Sears sat morning and had Mr Lion in her hand three times and then put him back trying to decide if she should buy him or not. And he was the only one left. So it was the same one, and she almost bought him, and then I would have never known he existed and not had him for my baby. She said she was glad he had found a good home.

The other thing I got at sears was a potential coming-home outfit for the little one, it is a onesie with an embroidered giraffe and elephant on the front, tres cute, I just need to find some pants to go with it, it can be for either sex, but if I find a cute girls outfit I’ll get one more girlish one and use this one for if it’s a boy. I sure hope I’m not tempting fate, but the only size they had was 10 lb. I told the kid that s/he doesn’t have to fit into it right away, it can be big on him/her when s/he wears it home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Just so you know, by the time the SPOTTO sale opens to the general public, the place has been picked over - severely. That's because first the members that are working the sale get to go through, and then members who aren't involved in the sale, and THEN the public. So yeah, unless you can get in with a member, you're hooped. My sister-in-law got some great deals for her boys (she has twins). I wish now that I had used her extra pass to go...

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home