Baby Epp

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Prenatal appointment 4

and all is well.

There was a JURSI shadowing my doctor today, i think i was one of his first prenatal patients ever because he really didn't know what to do, how to check the fundal height (i think that's what it's called..??), or what to ask...the dr. was really good with teaching him the stuff, though. And it was nice, because I had a list of questions (what can i take for my sore throat, what about these aches/pains, why are my hands numb in the morning, etc.) that seemed to be good textbook issues that prego ladies have, so he was able to learn a lot from the questions and her answers (as did I).

Weight gain was only one pound this past month, i was SURE it would be a LOT more, as i've been eating everything in sight, it seems, with my latest favorites being donuts, chocolate milk, and ice cream. But I guess all that extra energy is being burned by this baby growing! (and don't worry, for every "bad" snack i have, i've had at least 5-10 fruits/vegs throughout the day, so i don't worry about having the other foods). So far, the official record says i have gained 9 lbs, but i suspect it's less than that, as my estimate for where i started out was based on my home scale, which I have found out weighs in about 8-10 pounds lighter than the office scale. So i think i'm closer to 0 overall, not that it matters.

Baby's heartbeat was good again, s/he was still trying to kick that doppler thingy away, though.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, poor Francis! He was probably even more nervous because it was you. (Imagine how weird that was for him - hehe!)

- Jody

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home