Baby Epp

Friday, March 02, 2007

The Ultrasound

The ultrasound was good. Baby is doing fine, s/he is 1lb 4oz right now, and was moving and squirming and swallowing and stuff. My due date is right on, and they found nothing to be concerned about with baby or with me. I have a good amount of amniotic fluid, and no placenta previa (where the placenta covers the cervix).

The lump on the top right is the bum, head is down, though s/he still has lots of room to move and flip, so it could change many times between now and the end. So it’s the head that’s pushing against my bladder these days, and the hands and knee that are giving me the strong jabs down there too.

I looked at the face and thought “It’s a girl…”. Anthony could see the screen when the technician was doing the femur measurements, and thought “Ok, that looks like boy parts” (but he also said it might have been the umbilical cord”. So we’re divided, and have no real clue what s/he is. But I did go and buy a cute girl hoodie yesterday after the appointment – Robyn had called me to tell me that someone had returned a couple pairs of mat cords in my size, and they were on discount for $7 each, so I went and grabbed those before anyone else could….it’s nice to have more pants that fit, and for such a good price too!

Pictures to come, my scanner is acting up right now.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the heartrate was 156 bpm.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I could be wrong, but I thought I remembered that in the earlier stages of pregnancy (maybe this doesn't apply to you...), but I think that the female genitalia can look a lot like the male ones. I have heard it takes a pretty well trained eye to tell the difference.

So who knows!? How exciting! How many true surprises are there in life? What a fun time :) I wonder if you and Ang will both have the same or different....ooh, so exciting!

9:26 PM  
Blogger LJE said...

yeah, by this stage things are pretty distinguishable.

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome blog Lynette. So special! You are looking really great too. We should do coffee again sometime soon! Still can't believe our little ones will be 4 days apart. I'm sure ours is a girl too. Well Nicolaas is pretty adamant.
Nicole Van Ee

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home