Baby Epp

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ultrasound day

So today, we get to see our baby for the first time. Anthony's picking me up after work and we'll go meet this little one...

I am most interested in seeing how s/he is lying in there, i have a hunch that the bulge on my right side is the bum, and the flutters/jabs at bottom left must then be arms. Unless it's upside down in which case those may be leg movements. I'd really like to put a name to the body parts i have been poking at. Really, now would be a good time to find out if i'm actually smacking him/her on the bottom or donking them on the head. Yeah.

Another thing that will be good is to confirm there's just one in there. I know rationally that if it were twins, there would have been other signs by now, but this past weekend, three people saw my expanding girth, found out i was at 22 weeks, and asked "are you SURE it's not twins?" So those conversations put that thought into my brain....yeah. I figure the dr. would have not had such a hard time finding a heartbeat the first couple times if there were two to choose from, and we probably would have heard more than one at some point.... maybe?

Don't know if i'll have a chance to post after the appointment today, but probably by later tomorrow there should be an update.

1 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Yeah, about that breech thing...I thought I was smacking Jared on the bum for the longest time, and then I had an ultrasound at 30 weeks and it turns out I was smacking his head. Ooops! Oh well, he turned out just fine! (And he did flip to normal, just in the nick of time! Not the most pleasant weekend, though!)

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home