Baby Epp

Thursday, May 17, 2007

craving

The past couple days, i've been having weird cravings - weird because they're not just for food. Now don't get worried and think that i want to eat non-edible items like laundry soap or dirt (which actually happens to some pregnant ladies - follow the link). I have been craving smells.

The one smell that i really want to experience is the smell of the greenhouse at Dutch Growers (or other garden centres)...that warm moist earthy smell. And I want to smell the inside of the Co-op lumber store too. I may have to go to those places this weekend just to inhale it all.

These smell cravings just come upon me, usually while i'm sitting at work - all of a sudden the memory of a certain smell just pops into my head and i have such a strong urge to go smell that scent right then and there. It's weird.

I also have some food cravings, not terribly strong, just urges for certain things. Like very super cold ice water. I have taken to filing up my water bottle with ice every morning then adding the water, and the ice lasts until about 1pm, so at least i have COLD water for half the workday. I am eagerly anticipating the popsicles and ice chips in the labour & delivery ward.

Last night, i got home after 10 and was craving a fruity slushy drink (non-alcoholic of course). Fortunately, upon opening the freezer, i found frozen blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries (which I had forgotten we had), so i threw those in a blender with some frozen fruit punch concentrate and ice, and made a delectable treat. It was quite potent in taste, i think next time i'd skip the fruit punch and just add a bit more water and maybe some sugar, but it was just what i was desiring.

2 Comments:

Blogger becky said...

Love that olfactory craving! Very cool, in that Earth-mother sense.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Shel said...

I have those same cravings, LOL! I have been living off of freezies and slurpees for a few days now....mmmmm!!

(And I also crave smells....weird!)

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home