Baby Epp

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

i guess i must be bigger than i thought...

this morning when I got to work, the elevator going up had just arrived, and a gentleman got in, saw I was coming, and held it for me until I got in. He asked which floor i needed, i said "3", so he punched 3 and said "are you sure you don't need 4?" (4th is where labour & delivery is...)

i thought it was pretty funny, i wasn't offended or anything, but i think as soon as he said it he realized that it wasn't a very "politically correct" thing to say to a complete stranger - as soon as the words left his lips he was like "i'm sorry...." I just laughed and said "still got 7 weeks or so left...but at least my office is only a floor off from 4th!"

poor guy, he looked a bit flustered and awkward after his comment - totally one of those things that just popped out of his mouth without thinking about it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! That's awesome. Poor guy.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha I don't know, I thought it was pretty funny. Don't you just love socially awkward situations?

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home