Baby Epp

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

11 days (give or take)...ack!

I am excited, and a bit nervous about the arrival of this kid.

I’m nervous about the “when” – when will it all happen? I like to know things in advance and plan for them. I can’t in this situation. That's strange for me. I don't think i can think of another life situation (except maybe death) when you know it's coming but don't know anything about the "when".

I’m a bit nervous about the transition to mommyhood, the adjustment. I hope I settle in smoothly. It will be a big change, even tho it’s a welcome and highly anticipated change. And if you know me, i'm not that great at handling change. Getting better, but still not that great.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol! It is for all of these reasons that I can't believe your baby room, etc. isn't done! :)

You will be a wonderful mom - I am sure of it. Just know that it will take some time to settle into your new role. It is true when people say the first 6 weeks are the hardest (at least it was true for me). And they go quickly, even if it doesn't feel like it at the time.

Enjoy your last few days pre-baby, and try not to worry too much. You and Anthony will be great!
- Jody

4:16 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

At least the pregnancy was planned! I would like to get together soon - when do you finish work (both daily and for maternity leave)? School ends next Wednesday, so this Thursday and Friday are my last teaching days this year, and I doubt I will be called in. So if you are free those days, let me know. Then after that, my Cravings schedule is a little more random, so we'd have to play it by ear, but next Thursday/Friday I'm also free. Email, call, whatever.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

When I was in massage school, one of my classmates was treating a pregnant lady in the clinic and her water broke. Right there...on the table. My classmate was quite uncertain about what to do, but the pregnant lady just got a few towels to clean herself up and told her to keep massaging. Then she walked home and apparently gave birth later that evening. I don't think this will happen to you, but I doubt that this woman anticipated this happening to her either.

5:39 PM  
Blogger LJE said...

i'm done work at 4:30 each day, and next friday (29th) is my last scheduled day. I'm busy 'till sunday with family stuff (dad's 60th, my sisters are in town, etc), but have nothing on my schedule for next week at all..

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home