Baby Epp

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

tidbits

it is not a fun feeling when my feet start to swell. The skin feels really tight and stiff and hard to move. Thankfully it has not been severe at all, and it's still only on the occasional day (especially hot days). i have a footrest under my desk, and try to get up and move around; and of course swimming feels superb. but stretchy puffy feet don't. Glad it's sandal weather and they're not confined in shoes, though.

I realized that one of the most common sounds this kid hears is typing.... probably up to 6-7 hours per day, 5 days a week, right at the height of my lower belly - the kid is actually resting against the keyboard tray when i'm sitting at my desk. So perhaps s/he will find typing to be a soothing sound when s/he is out of utero....good excuse to sit on the computer during the day on my mat leave if it does soothe him/her!

I swear my belly is growing every day. I noticed a change from last night to today for sure. And i have also noticed that at night when i want to turn over now, i need to use my hand/arm to lift my belly up to get enough oomph to turn to my back, then to the other side. The pull of gravity on my belly when i'm trying to get off my side is quite something. I guess it's to be expected, according to the ticker this kid is gaining over 1/2 oz per day!!! (that's about 1/2 lb per week...crazy stuff).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home