Baby Epp

Monday, June 18, 2007

update

Well, Friday was probably the most uncomfortable day i've had yet. In the morning, my back was feeling pretty sore (has happened a couple times over the past month), but this time it was worse than usual. I laid down and put some heat on it, which helped it feel better for a bit. I was having a lot of braxton's that morning (probably 10-15, painless but quite strong...i normally just have 1 or 2 per day at most), and i realized that the back pain would get worse when the braxtons were occurring...it wasn't 'labour' per say, but it sure was not comfortable. I went to work and just tried to be as relaxed and comfortable as I could be.

By early afternoon, most of the pain and discomfort had gone, and I was able to make it through the rest of the workday. My thoughts are that something was happening to prepare for the big show, and i think baby has moved down quite a bit...the bum is a couple inches below where it used to be when i'm sitting...and i have less pressure in the lungs/ribs, which is nice :)

I am very sick of sleeping on my sides, my shoulders and hips have been very sore the past week and it's terribly hard to roll over or get up, going to the washroom at 3 am is very interesting. Once i get up, my pelvis feels like rubber and my legs are unsteady, i need to hold onto the walls to make it to the bathroom...am i ever glad the upstairs bathroom is functional again!

I have a massage booked for this afternoon, hopefully that will ease some of the tension in the lower back & shoulders; no, i'm not going to get her to massage my feet/ankles to find that magic pressure point. I still have a few days' worth of work to get done here and at my old job...

Tomorrow is haircut day (just a trim, nothing drastic), and wednesday we're doing pregnancy pictures - my friend Angela is taking them (dreamingphotography.com), she does amazing stuff. Thursday is hopefully white chocolate brownie night with a girlfriend...maybe my last "girls nite out" before i'm a mom (with a baby on the outside). (on a side note, i sure think that we should start a tradition of mommy stagettes, one last big girls nite before someone has their first child...)

I still have to pack my hospital bag, i have my list (thanks Shelen!) and i have started a pile, just need to collect a few more things and put them in an actual bag of some sort. I had a bit of time last night but figured it was more important to get the camera memory cards cleared off so that's ready to come with us to the hospital. Really, i can grab a couple essentials off my list before we run out the door if needed, downloading & sorting pictures will not be happening while i'm in labour. I have my priorities straight :)

Bought a crib mattress on saturday - got a great deal on it at the Bay. They had 20% off, and the one I wanted was discontinued, so they sold me the floor model for 20% off plus another 15% off. So we got the top end one instead of the mid-line one, ended up paying the less than we would have for the middle one. And i had gift certificates, so with the mattress cover and a car window sun shade, i ended up paying $4. Sweet stuff. And the super helpful sales guy even carried it out to my car for me, i was a bit worried when i went to the mall to buy one, as i didn't know how i would manage to get it from the mall to my parking spot, even though it was pretty close.

Anthony & "Nana" (his mom, that's her "grandma name") painted the nursery, it looks amazing (pictures to come now that i have downloaded them and have internet at home again). So we'll set up the crib and other furniture this week. Baba (my mom) brought over the crib bedding she made (much cheaper and better quality than the store stuff, yay!), so we're all set!

We even celebrated a mini-father's day for Anthony yesterday, i made him a nice brunch, and we (junior & I) gave him a nice set of steak knives we had found at the mall. I found a very sweet "for the father to be" card which made me cry as i was standing in the aisle at walmart, so we got him that too....

0 to 3 weeks to go...and i finally feel almost ready.

1 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Yeah...that "magic" spot on the feet doesn't always work. Just ask my 5-day-late son! However, it felt AMAZING and I will refer you to the owner of Anthony Michaels (female owner - forget her name) if anyone wants to try it out. And it's not as expensive as a massage or pedicure.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home