Baby Epp

Thursday, May 31, 2007

arrival dates

Yesterday, I had the "one month 'till my due date" realization. Eek! I don't know if anyone is ever fully "ready" for baby to come, but i can say that right now, we are in a way not ready, but in a way, quite ready.

For example, although we do not have a baby room (it's still an office, while the new office space is being mudded & sanded, hopefully primed & painted in the next week), we have clothes, diapers, wipes, etc. And mom and I are going out tonight to get the rest of the baby toiletries needed (butt cream, baby wash, etc - yay for "seniors day" at Shopper's drug mart - 20% off!). We don't have the crib yet (no place to put it), or any other furniture for the baby room save the rocking chair, but we have blankets, crib bedding, and stuff to put on the walls.

Emotionally & mentally, I think we'd be fine if baby showed up any time now (not that i'm wishing for an early baby). I feel "ready" in that respect.

Work wise, i have a ton of stuff to get done before my last day (scheduled for June 29), but I also know that there are others who could easily take over if I am gone before then. At my current pace, i should be done all the work on my plate here by June 22. And that's the day that Anthony is done classes.

Since the beginning, i've been preparing myself for an overdue baby, whenever I think of the due date, it's always "June 30, but the baby will be out by July 12 for SURE" (10 days over plus a couple days if they induce and it doesn't work or if they induce and the labour takes a long time). But lately i've been feeling as if i won't make it to my due date (mental/emotional feeling, not physical stuff, nothing there that would indicate an early baby). Not hoping or wishing the kid will come early, but just a feeling that it will be a June baby instead of July.

As for dates, there are tons of "meaningful" dates around my due date that would be very cool if the kid showed up on one of them: my dad's 60th birthday is on June 21 (but tony's still in school), Anthony's grandpa, who I never met as he passed away when Anthony was young, had his birthday on June 25. My own grandma who died when I was in grade school had her birthday on July 4, and Anthony's grandmother (still living) has her birthday on July 7. The other neat thing about July 7 is that the kid's birthdate would be 07/07/07 - very easy to remember and never mess up on forms.

Oh, and both my sisters & their spouses & my niece will be in S'toon for dad's birthday and the weekend immediately following, so they all think that it would be swell if their new niece/nephew would come while they were here and they could thus meet him/her right away.

I guess time will tell...

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

William was born on July 7th last year. I told my sister that she should have held him in for another year then could have had the 07/07/07 birthday. Looking at him now, it's probably good that he didn't stay in that long...he's a big kid!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lynette,

I am sitting here just having passed my due date. Everyone told me our baby would be early because my belly is WAY out there. So, with feet swelling more and more (they actually look like chubby baby feet), I am trying to be patient...can't wait to hear what you're having!!!

Lindsi

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home